If you are taking your loved ones to the zoo, this checklist will make sure you have the best zoo experience.
Planning the Zoo Trip
- Research: Visit the zoo’s website
- Know Timelines: Determine the zoo’s operating timeline
- Plan your trip: Choose the time when the zoo is less crowded.
- Purchase tickets online: Saves time
- Find feeding schedule: Helps to see the animals in action.
- Find Shows: Determine if there are animal shows or zookeeper talks.
- Get the Map: Check the zoo’s website and print out the map.
- Make a List: Figure out what to see and do.
- Number Areas: Follow the order by which you plan to visit.
- Teach your children: Helps them to understand and enjoy the trip.
- Lunch: Decide on whether you need to be packed or if you will buy.
- Start Early: Pack the night before.
- Watch the weather forecast.
At The Zoo
- Watch the animals at a distance
- Don’t feed the animals
- Don’t rush
- Allows kids to enjoy
- Watch your kids
After The Zoo Trip
- Consider ‘adopting’ an animal of choice
- Consider having a zoo camp.
- Go to the library and research animal books
- Do an Internet search on animals.
Watching wild animals is easy when you pack your set of binoculars. Make sure that you always have your binoculars in place.