Working from home is the new trend. If you are thinking of going the same way, here is a checklist to get you started.
Think Before You Work
- Can you handle working from home?
- Will you work from home part-time, full-time, or occasionally?
- What are your budgeting concerns?
- What are the pros and cons of working at home?
- Will you be saving money or spending more?
- Are you a freelancer?
Home Office Essentials
- A quiet room
- Enough space can be separate or partitioned
- A place you can work undisturbed.
- Laptop or desktop computer – laptop is portable
- A desk and adjustable desk chair.
- Pens, pencils, and necessary writing tools
- Pads or notebooks
- Memo pads or sticky notes
- Printer and a roll of paper
- Dry-erase board and marker pens
- Bulletin board with pins
- Filing cabinet with a file folder
Working Effectively From Home
- Ensure your workspace is conducive
- Set up an office environment
- Have aims and objectives
- Stay focused
- Pursue your aims and objectives
- Schedule your day
- Get a structured routine
- Effectively manage your time and tasks
- Track your time
- Avoid checking personal emails / social networking sites
- Stay connected to the internet
- Take a break and stretch out a bit
You can change your working scenery if you must. That’s why you need a laptop. And thanks to this checklist you know why.