Keep yourself safe during winter sports. It is extra simple with our checklist.
Before You Go
- Check Equipment: Ensure equipment is safe and trustworthy.
- Exercise in prior months: keep in shape and condition your muscles.
- Get insurance: Ensure the ‘winter sport’ you do is included in your policy.
- Get the Rules: Find out what regulations apply to protect your safety.
- Know Your Level: Check if provision for your level is available.
- Check Airport Rules: Confirm with the airport for restrictions or added costs.
- The check is restrictions apply on ski or snowboard equipment.
- Keep Warm: Make sure you’ve got warm clothing.
- Use sunblock: Helps to protect your face.
- Group: Don’t go skiing, ice skating, sledding, or snowboarding alone.
- Warm Up: Take time to stretch up your muscles before heading out.
- Play by Rules: Know rules by heart and abide by them.
- Gear: Wear recommended protective gear (goggles, helmets, gloves, and padding).
- Service Equipment: Use good quality equipment.
- Get Lessons: Work with a qualified instructor.
- Know your Level: Avoid jumping and slating, as a beginner.
- Know the Weather: Pay attention to storm warnings / severe drops in temperature.
- Familiarize yourself: Know where fences, open water trees, rocks, and patches of ice are.
- Keep in Place: Stay on marked trails to avoid potential avalanche areas.
- Protect Yourself: Don’t play if feeling pain or is exhausted.
- Stay Hydrated: Drink plenty of fluids.
It’s important to take breaks too and give your body enough rest every time you follow this checklist. So wait no more. It’s time to hit the winter games.