Going hiking or mountaineering in the winter’s shivering temperatures need enough preparation. This checklist is here to give you get you prepared.
- Goggles: protects your eyes
- Energy bars: keeps your energy levels up
- Vacuum flask: keeps your beverages warm/ hot.
- Sunglasses: protects your eyes from the sun’s UV rays
- Lipstick: prevents your lips from cracking/ drying
- Facial cream: keeps your face moisturized
- Altimeter watch: monitors the altitude
- Knife: a survival or tactical knife
- Documents: identification documents
- GPS: helps to monitor routes
- Compass: gives the best directions
- Map: use to track your movements/ landmarks
- First aid kit: In case of injuries
- Trekking sticks: for more support
- Torch/headlight: for dim lit areas
- Backpack: to keep your accessories safe.
- Boots: to protect your feet
- Softshell jacket: to keep you warm
- Softshell pants: to add warmth
- Wind / waterproof jacket: to save you from getting wet.
- Wind / waterproof pants: protects you from getting wet.
- Primaloft jacket: adds warmth
- Insulating jacket: keeps body heat intact/ prevent loss of heat
- Gloves: Protects your hands
- Log books:
- Guide book:
- Mobile charger
- Camera / charger
- Flip flops
Keep safe and have the best winter mountaineering experience today. Use this checklist that guarantees a smooth ride all through the winter mountain climbing spree.