Surfing is a cool sport. But do you know what it takes to have the best surfing experience? Look at this checklist to get every tip.
- Attire: Full or short wetsuit, swimsuit, booties, and hoodie.
- Sunscreen: Protect your skin from the sun’s harmful UV rays.
- Zinc oxide: For high exposure areas including lips, nose, and cheeks.
- Surfing Board: Longer board, for more stability and buoyancy
- Beginner: Focus on smaller waves.
- Leash: Your board must have a leash
- Respect: To the water and all your fellow surfers.
- Start Well: Know your skill level and focus on that.
Buying A Board
- Budget: know what to spend
- Style/ Level: Consider your standard.
- Try: Take rides before you actually consider buying.
- Practice: Spend some time on board until you get comfortable.
- Experts: Get advice from pros/ approachable people that you trust.
- Fins: Avoid two fins when starting/ if a novice.
- Leash: Get one that’s at least six foot in length.
- If buying a second-hand board, ensure it is in good condition.
- Be patient.
- Be fit
- Be able to swim
- Check the area
- Make sure you are not alone.
- Make sure you have a guide.
- Hire an instructor if it’s your first time.
- Look for any beach restrictions
- Do body exercise before going to surf.
- Take some time and watch the sea
- Take weather forecast and know the conditions on the day.
- Ensure the top of your surfboard is waxed up.
- Hold your board under the arm with its fin inside.
- Don’t trail leash in the sand
Surfing is a great sport. The more you get the best training the better your personal performance will be. Thanks to this checklist you just got started on the right track.