Planning on a short road trip? Let our simple and easy to understand checklist help you sail through and get the best experience.
- Choose the dates.
- Watch out for July and August – national parks are often crowded
- Know the distance of the trip
- Make a rough estimate of the budget
- Determine the number of stops planned
- Find out if there are any special events on your route
- Leave plenty of extra time for flexibility along trips.
- Check the brake fluids.
- Check the radiator fluids/ coolant
- Check the hoses and belts for damages.
- Check all the tires.
- Get any scheduled or needed maintenance.
- Perform repairs before you leave.
- Don’t forget to carry and check the spare tire.
- Pack your car with all your gears.
- Take toys and games
- Bring along a few surprises.
- Prepare and Carry Pack snacks.
- Pack some basic safety aid kits.
- Bring with you some trash plastic bags
- Unplug electrical appliances.
- Bring in a home caretaker – a trusted friend.
- Shut off the main water shut-off valve
- Turn down air conditioning heat.
- Ensure all windows and doors are closed and locked.
- Have your mail and newspapers held
- Or ask the neighbor to pick mails and papers for you.
- Install a timer on lamps
With these tips in place, your trip should be a stress-free/ hassle free one. Make sure you share it with your loved ones too.