If you are planning a personal memorial for a loved one it will be awesome to get things underway smoothly. Use this checklist to help.
- Venue: Choose location of the ceremony
- Time: Choose time and date of the ceremony.
- Reservations: Reserve the ceremony location.
- Lead person: Identify clergy, celebrant, or person to officiate service.
- Service Theme: Decide on theme, type, and tone of service.
- Schedule: Decide on order and timing of the service.
- Readings: Pick individuals to do readings and share memories.
- Entertainment: Select music.
- Decorations: Purchase floral arrangements.
- Guest Book: Purchase memorial guest book.
- Floor Plan: Reserve adequate seating (immediate family members).
- Floral tributes to be delivered/ displayed in church before guests arrive.
- Designate an individual to deliver the urn to the facility.
- Meet with clergy to review order of service.
- Designate usher to see guests to their seats and answer questions.
- Have someone make appropriate announcements.
- Reserve: Contact cemetery to schedule burial.
- Pay: Settle cemetery fee for grave opening and closing.
- Location: Decide on location of committal at cemetery.
- Arrange: Organize and arrange gravesite or cemetery chapel.
- Flowers: Ensure flowers are delivered to gravesite and displayed.
- Lead: Designate someone to make necessary announcements.
It a special way to remember the time spent with loved ones who have departed. Make sure you make it as memorable, and this checklist is the way to go.