Give your firm the best irrigation system. This checklist will help you in laying the best foundation for your next irrigation scheme.
- Site Visit: Visit the site and study the topography and layout.
- Design for Sprinklers: Account for plant growth. Include trees and shrubs.
- Type: Choose between placing the sprinklers and micro-irrigation.
- Control: Ensure the irrigation design prevents spraying onto streets, driveways, entrances, sidewalks, and parking areas.
- Space Up Sprinklers: Design sprinkler heads spacing with a minimum of the “head-to-head” area.
- Control Water Levels: Use different watering sprinkler areas with different uses and water needs.
- Regulate Runoff: Work with a great design to prevent surface runoff.
- Save Water: Drip irrigation where appropriate to save water.
Irrigation Installation And Testing
- Work with Experts: Expert local utility company will help in locating underground cables, gas, telephone, or electric lines.
- Review: Discuss and make any necessary changes with your irrigation system designer.
- Create a Plan: Make the best irrigation system map to design along.
- Time: Set the clock for the best day and time of the week.
- Inspect: Once laid you should check for any leaks.
- Repair and replace broken or missing rotor heads.
- Replace faulty spray heads and drip emitters.
- Inspect all heads to see if they pop-up and fully retract if water is turned off.
- Check and clear blocked sprinkler.
- Sprinklers may be blocked by grass, plants, and any other obstacles.
- Set sprinklers on a vertical position.
- Check if the pressure is right.
- Clean or even replace any clogged nozzles
- Clean sprinkler’s trash screen in case it has one.
- Make sure every head direct water to the landscape.
With this checklist, you will be able to give your landscape the best irrigation system. Share to help many others.