Are you planning on going for a trip and getting booked in a hotel? Here is the best hotel room checklist to keep you safe all through your stay.
To Protect Yourself
- Keep the room locked: If you inside turn the deadbolt and fasten security chain.
- Close behind you: If you leave the room pull and close the door behind you (no excuses even for quick trips)
- Keep duplicate key: If you are alone on the trip.
- Check before opening: Look through peephole if someone knocks.
- Follow your gut: Never open up if you are not comfortable.
- Trust no one: Anyone claiming to be a hotel employee shouldn’t be trusted unless you asked for a service.
- Keep security chain intact: This will provide further protection if you open the door.
- Step out: Do this when talking to a stranger.
- Do a checkup: Inspect all windows and doors every time you enter it / leave this helps to ensure they are secured, closed, and locked.
To Protect Your Valuables
- Use safe: Choose room safe for keys, wallets, extra cash and also credit cards and jewelry
- Check with front desk: In case you have no storage safe.
- Take Valuables: Never cash, checks, and expensive devices/electronics lying un-stored.
- Hide expensive objects: Store them in closets, pockets, and out of any view.
This checklist may just save your diamond ring from getting lost in your hotel room. Use it to have a lovely and safe trip any day.