Hitchhiking is fun. Once you get the idea, all you need it to plan it. Here is a checklist that will save you all the rigorous planning.
- Consider the hitchhiking route carefully.
- Master directions including towns or crossroads that you’ll find.
- Know the laws and check if hitchhiking is legal in the area.
- Take self-defense lessons such as taekwondo and karate
- Learn the signs of substance abuse and alcohol.
- Turn down unfamiliar rides
- Follow your gut
- Observe the car model and take registration plates before boarding.
- Do ride in a car that’s full of strangers.
- Always try to sit in front in and on the passenger seat.
- Ensure the car has no child safety locks before getting in.
- Keep your luggage closer to you all the time.
- Separate your passport and travel documents (carry them in a safe bag)
- Keep your cash stashed up in several separate areas and locations.
- Travel in a group.
- Always have your mobile phone at all times.
- Don’t go hitchhiking after dark rather find a safe place to rest
- Be wary of easy or quick accommodation offers.
Hitchhiking is fun. However, you need to keep yourself safe. This checklist gives you exactly that. Follow it to the latter to get an experience to savor.