Want to have the most successful garage sale? Let this checklist be of help to you.
- Do a thorough spring cleaning.
- Sort for unwanted items.
- Price all your items.
- Pick the best date and time for your sale.
- Set up an alternate date (in the event of rain).
- Research all the community rules.
- Arrange post-sale charity pick up.
- Prepare your ad
- Give the address and hours of the sale.
- Place your ad on local newspapers.
- Use free garage sale “advertising” sites.
- Put up flyers on local community boards.
- Inform your family, friends, and neighbors.
- Make sure items are cleaned and repaired.
- Make your signs are put up.
- Set up your tables
- Amp display areas with proper lighting.
- Make displays attractive and interesting.
- Put away pets that may cause distraction.
- Set up a “freebies” box for give-away items.
- Get refreshments ready.
- Get checkout desk area ready.
- Put up signs.
- Label all items use self-adhesive price tags.
- Make sure your house is locked.
- Open the gates/door for the sale.
- Greet all customers
- Wear a friendly smile.
After the Sale
- Remove neighborhood signs and advertisements.
- Repack and store unsold items.
- Throwaway items with no further use.
- Count your money and be happy!
It is really simple. Just make sure that you follow our tips to the last one. This is the best way to have a great garage sale any day.