Taking a vacation anytime soon? Here is the best checklist that you can use to get the best travel agent.
Selecting A Travel Agent
- Type: Are you looking for someone with a specialty say on cruises or a jack of all trades?
- Recommendations: Ask loved ones who travel for recommendations.
- Online: Choose a travel agent in the net or online to save time/ cost.
- Research: Look through the local agencies.
- References: Ask agencies for current clients that you may contact.
- Company Profile: Check the credentials including history/ experience.
- Choose: Call only agencies that you’ve chosen through your research.
- Review all rates: Helps to gauge the comfort level you had with each.
Meeting With A Travel Agent
- Know your destination and when.
- Choose the mode of transportation.
- Determine your best realistic budget.
- Talk to an agent about your main plans
- Take with you written details.
- See if they have offers such as upgrades and coupons.
- Ask which services they charge.
- Determine how much it will cost you.
- Check if insurance is offered.
- Ask if they are available 24 hours a day.
- Read all the paperwork carefully before signing.
A Good Travel Agent
- Asks to outline your trip.
- Be well experienced
- Be good at listening
- Have a professional training
- Is open and honest
- Gladly put together a sample tour.
- Will describe availabilities
- Will consider your needs first
From transportation, accommodations, to finding the estimated costs, a great travel agent will have your back covered. Start with this checklist to get the very best agent.