Don’t stay behind that squeezed up office desk all day long. It’s healthy to stretch out. Here is a smart checklist to help you with a simple and effective stretching routine at work.
Hands And Arms
- Make a firm fist with every hand
- Keep your thumbs stretched out straight.
- Pull all your fingers up to your palm until they touch your fingers base.
- Place one hand around the fingers on the other hand.
- Slowly bend wrist downward till you feel it stretching and hold for 3-5 seconds.
- Repeat the same for the other hand
- Pull your shoulders up
- Make sure they come to the ears height
- Hold for up to 5 seconds then relax.
- Sit or stand with a straight back and relax your head to the left/right
- Sit in your chair
- Keep both feet flat on the floor
- Reach your arms above your head
- Interlace your fingers.
- Press arms as far back as you can
- Hold for a moment.
- Slowly lean to one side
- Hold for up to 5 seconds (then return upright).
- Repeat on the remaining side.
Feet and Legs
- Lift left leg straight
- Keep it in front of you.
- Flex and point out your foot
- Make sure toes stretch up towards the ceiling
- You can hold before stretching them straight out.
- Repeat 3 times and rotate your foot in circles.
- Repeat with the other leg.
- Stretch slowly – be patient and take your time.
- Remember to breathe as normally as you can.
- Make sure you feel a gentle stretch around the muscles
- Any sharp pain is often a sign of overstretching.
- Hold each stretch that you take for at least 15-20 seconds
- You can also hold until you feel your muscles relaxing.
- Repeat every stretch 2- 3 times.
- Avoid bouncing and don’t jerk when stretching.
- Relax your body and mind.
- Maintain good posture when stretching
Stretching at work will keep exhaustion at bay and help you to feel relaxed always. You can have a simple routine during the break.