Here is a great checklist if you want to buy your RV. You can use it any day without leaving anything to chance.
- Damages: Check for signs of water damage or leaks.
- Fridge: Fridge is working.
- Stove: Stove/oven is working.
- Heater: Water heater is working.
- Electric Pump: Electric pump working properly.
- Thermostat: Should be in working order.
- Converter working properly.
- All lights and accessories functioning.
- Wiring: Appears safe: No naked wires.
- Sinks: draining properly.
- Toilet and Shower: Works properly.
- Check for signs of propane leaks.
- Windows and doors open and close.
- Entry door latch is in working order.
- Check overall roof condition.
- Engine starts well.
- Wipers function.
- Headlights/ turn lights signals.
- Horn works well.
- Radio is functional.
- Gauges and indicators are working.
- Engine is running smoothly,
- Engine has sufficient power.
- Brakes operate smoothly.
- Transmission shifts smoothly.
- There is no exhaust noise/odor.
- The wheel is well centered.
- Check the windshield for cracks.
After Test Drive
- Check hubs for overheating.
- Check radiator for leaks and low levels.
Simple as the checklist may sound, it is pretty comprehensive. You can use anytime to get the best RV.