If you are changing the town, finding a moving company to help you will be super cool. But more importantly, you should be prepared for the entire process. Here is the right checklist to use.
Prior To Relocation
- Find the best moving company
- Sell, trade in, or store your car.
- Arrange for your mail to be redirected
- Get new renting a mailbox.
- Compile personal records and paperwork
- Arrange documents into a secure travel file.
- Redirected current prescriptions and medicinal supplies.
- Pay all bills
- Cancel subscriptions
- Ensure any direct debits will be stopped
- Organize private health and home insurance
- Confirm temporary accommodation.
- Set up a new bank account
- Back up all the computer files.
- Organize transportation to the airport.
- Leave forwarding contact details
Arriving At Destination
- Check into temporary accommodation.
- Let your loved ones know that you arrived safely.
- Set up a pre-paid mobile account.
- Find the nearest internet service point.
- Apply for tax file number
- Open a bank account is still required.
- Arrange for health insurance.
- Contact potential employers/ set up job interviews.
- Collect your pets from quarantine.
Moving Into New Home
- Set up all the utilities: phone, power, internet, etc.
- Contact children’s new schools
- Find a childcare provider
- Arrange for kid’s progress report.
- Introduce yourself to your new neighbors.
- Look into social/ recreational centers/ activities in your area.
- Purchase a car if required
- Organize car registration and insurance.
- Register with the local library.
Documents To Keep When Travelling
- Birth certificates.
- Marriage (and divorce) certificates.
- Professional Qualifications and certificates
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Job and employment references.
- Children’s school reports
- Immunization reports and certificates.
- Verification of your credit records.
- Proof of no claim bonus – insurance purposes.
- Copies of all your insurances.
- Copy of Will and Testament.
- Records of trusts
- Records of companies you have operated.
- Account and loan details.
- Details of all your investments.
- Backup files for your computer.
Relocating can be a great experience. It will help you to have a new experience or start a new life. Use this checklist to have a smooth one.