Don’t spend your money on a wasted property. With these tips on our checklist, you can easily inspect a property alone and buy the best one.
Property Exterior – Structural Safety
- Foundation: Watch for cracked, wet, or badly leaning structure.
- Ask a foundation repair specialist to help in checking it out.
- Roof: Make sure the roof has no signs of leaks. It should be flashing.
- Watch out for intact and no missing shingles.
- Ask a roof expert inspect it if for signs of water damage or leaks.
- Deck/porch: Inspect supporting beams for rot or insect damage.
- Flooring: Must be even. It should be properly nailed or screwed down.
- Railing: Must be intact.
Property Exterior – Maintenance
- Trees: Pruned and neatly trimmed trees and flowers
- Siding: Well-maintained sidings and balcony gardens if any.
- Doors/ Windows: Must be lockable with no signs of damages.
Property Exterior – Appearance
- Lawn: Trimmed
- Paint: Clean with no stains
- Fencing: In place and with no damages
Property Interior – Structural
- Ceiling: No water damages / cool and neat color
- Floors: Evenly placed with a neat finish
- Support beams: If any makes sure they are stable with no rot.
- Insulation: To keep any form of overheating/ noises away.
Property Interior – Maintenance
- Plumbing: Inspect for any signs of rust or leaks
- Electrical: Watch out for open cables
- Floors: Must be polished with no cracks or damages
- Windows: make sure window panes are all intact with latches
- HVAC: Should be working and must be able to regulate temps
- Fireplace: Functional for the cold winter temperatures
Property Interior – Appearance
- Walls: Neat coats of paints
- Cabinets/counters: Lockable with no cracks or peeled paint
- Doors: Must all be lockable with latches intact
- Pests: Watch out for any sign of pets
This checklist is great for anyone who is buying a property and also one who is owning property and needs to maintain it at the most valuable scale.