Prom parties are simply awesome. In any case, you are just stepping out of one age to the next and in style. Here is a checklist to work with.
Planning a Party
- Determine the budget in advance.
- Determine the number of people to invite
- Determine the best date for the anniversary party.
- Decide on what to have (a large/small formal or informal) ceremony
- Choose the location of the ceremony restaurant/party at home.
- Shop around to find a good deal from different party planners.
Ceremony at Home
- Decide if you want a caterer
- Decide if you will prepare meals alone.
- Book the caterer in advance
- If cooking alone asks friends and family to assist.
- Plan your menu type.
- Decide on the theme.
- Consider everyone’s eating preference/ allergies
- Book hotels for out of town guests
- Contact hotels to negotiate group rates.
- Send out invitations – 3 months in advance.
- Decide if you need entertainment at home.
- Decide if you need professional photographer/ friends taking pictures.
- Ask a close family relative or friend to speak the toast.
Prom ceremonies should be simple and quite entertaining. This checklist sums it up all in the best way possible.