It’s time for the best paperless management approach. But do you know how to evaluate the management software that you are looking at? Use this checklist to help.
Your Team Characteristics
- Size: Determine the number of people in your team.
- Location: How far are they located from one another?
- Tech savvy: Capture the number that is already tech savvy.
- Working style: What is their most productive working style?
- Existing tools: Determine any existing tools that you can integrate.
Your Customer Characteristics
- Location: Categorize your customers and determine their location.
- Tech savvy: Find out if they already have tech knowledge.
- Transparency: How clear are the software’s details?
- Reporting: Is the reporting timely?
- Communication: Make sure the software passes information rightly.
Your Project Characteristics
- Project type: Evaluate your project to determine where it fits.
- Financials: Create and determine the best budget for installation.
- Scope: How will the software approach help and how can you bring it in?
- Dynamics: Are there any challenges involved?
Potential Software Characteristics
- Budget: Determine if the software fits your budget.
- Find out if you can get a scaled-down version for your needs
- Technical requirements: What are the required technical approach?
- Hosting: Will you host it as partners or host it alone?
- Ease of use: Is it quick to follow/ understand?
- Remove collaboration: Can it work independently?
- Communication: How efficient is it?
- Mobility: How fast can it be used?
- Expandability: Does it give room for future expansion/ upgrade?
- Stability: How long has the vendor been around?
- Client profile: What do references say about the programmer?
- Business practices: What are the vendor’s business ways?
- Liability and security: Are they insured for both?
This checklist must be of great help. Why not share it with other people to help them set up a great 21st-century business?