Keep your swimming pool safe. Use this checklist to give your swimming pool the perfect design.
- Keep at least 4 ft high.
- Make sure fence has no gap or space that’s larger than 100mm.
- Keep the fence with a netting, mesh, or trellis design
- Keep netting holes at most 10mm or less
- Maximum fence height should be up to 6 ft high.
- Keep rails on the poolside.
- Keep rails more than 900mm apart.
- Make sure rails are not climbable
The Gates And Doors
- Ensure the doors open away from the swimming pool.
- Give them an automatic shutting mechanism (self-locking).
- Have latches
- Keep latches at least 5 ft high.
- Install locking bolts for ranch-sliders with pool access
Above Ground Pools
- Have at least a set of removable steps.
- Have their walls situated higher than 4 ft.
- Maintain the fence often
- Maintain the gate regularly.
- Shut the pool gate behind you every time you leave.
- Keep instructions for other adults on the same.
- Never have any objects near the pool’s fence
- Keep anything that children can climb or stand on away.
- Learn first aid tips
- Get the right pool emergency response tactics.
- Install non-slip surface all-round the pool.
- Never leave children unattended
Keep your pool area clear and store any flotation aids and toys every time they aren’t being used; but more importantly, make use of this comprehensive checklist.