Are you planning on an overseas’ trip anytime soon? Use this checklist to get the most memorable traveling time overseas.
Before You Go
- Research: On the destination location before your trip.
- Contact Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Trade: Get the best travel advice for the place you plan on visiting.
- Purchase a guide: To get information for the places you are visiting.
- Read up on local laws: Include the customs and places of interest.
- Contact an Agent: Get a travel agent for more information.
- Contact Doctor: Find out if there are any vaccinations needed.
- Get information: Helps to stay on point while traveling.
- Passport: Check your passport and make sure it is valid.
- Photocopy: Take original passport copy and leave a copy at home (use a trusted friend or family member).
- Visas: Make inquiries before your planned departure.
- Medical insurance: Get a comprehensive cover before the trip.
- International Driving Permit: Determine if needed to drive at your destination.
- Check with your bank: Determine if credit card and ATM facilities are available in the countries of destination.
- Travelers’ cheques: Find out if you need to purchase.
- Emergency funds: Decide on how to access them if need be.
- Know your itinerary and budget before leaving
- Book your flights: Do it way before the date of travel.
- Book your hotels: Ask your travel agent to help.
- Book your transportation including cars, train, and bus.
- Book any sightseeing in advance.
- Set up mail specifically for the trip.
- Arrange for your house to be watched while you are away.
- Turn off appliances/utilities.
On Trip Tips
- Make sure your passport is safe at all times.
- Advise your family and friends on your travel plans.
- Determine the location of your nearest Embassy.
- Obey the local laws at all times.
- Contact home frequently or if near a major disaster.
Feel free to add in anything that we have left out, plus use every tip that we have given you here. With the right combination, you will have a blast in no time.