In case you are expecting a guest at home; what’s the best way to make them feel comfortable? This checklist will take you through the best preparations for a houseguest.
Before Guests Arrive
- Prepare a spare key.
- Get an easy to set up mattress (inflatable air mattress)
- If you have a spare bedroom, clean the sheets and prep the bed.
- Gather any extra pillows, linens, sheets, and blankets.
- Give them a room in the closet.
- Bring in fresh towels and toiletries.
- Bring in a few magazines and paperbacks for their spare time.
- Write down all the emergency contacts in case of any eventuality.
- Write down in clear form any household instructions.
- Clean up the house and leave it to aerate properly
- Vacuum all the rags, carpets, or floor.
- Confirm if they have any kind of food allergies.
- Put yourself in their shoes to exhaust all avenues.
- Give them a warm reception.
- Invite them over for food or drinks that you have available.
- Cater to them in your groceries and shopping.
- Give them a meal plan or timetable.
- Ensure that they understand that they are free.
- Ask them for their likes, dislikes, and hobbies.
Giving your guests the best reception will easily make them free and break the rigid feeling, and this checklist gives you many things that you can do to help. Don’t go without sharing it with others.