In case of disasters such as fires, flood, and hurricanes, it can take days to restore utilities or even get relief efforts in place. Nonetheless, you can make sure that all of your family’s immediate needs are met. Simply have an emergency supply kit in place.
- Water (1 gallon per person per day).
- Liquid bleach to purify drinking water.
- First aid kit, freshly stocked.
- First aid book.
- Can opener (non-electric).
- Blankets or sleeping bags.
- Portable radio, flashlight, and spare batteries.
- Essential medications.
- Extra pair of eyeglasses.
- Extra pair of house and car keys.
- Fire extinguisher.
- Food, water, and restraint (leash or carrier) for pets.
- Cash and change.
- Prescription medications.
- Sanitary pads
- Cotton wool
- Surgical spirit
- Cooking Pans
- Minimalist tools (pen knives, multi-tools)
With food, water, a first aid kit and maybe other simple essentials. You will be able to push through for quite some time. You can also turn to social media to ask pals who are not affected to help with immediate donations before the government provides help.