Want to keep your home safe? A home alarm system is a way to go. In case you are looking for an alarm system that suits your needs, here is a simple home alarm checklist that will ensure you get everything in place.
- Know what you expect from the alarm system in terms of protection.
- Decide whether to link the alarm system to 24-hour monitoring service.
- Determine the number of windows/doors you want integrated with the system.
- Determine possible locations for the control panel and keypads.
- Determine how far away windows and doors should be from the control panel.
- Choose a system with a centralized control panel.
- Determine the distance of wireless systems.
- Ensure the system can accept fire-protection and carbon monoxide sensors etc.
- Ensure inputting codes into the system is simple.
Alarm Systems Company
- Check if company carries all liability, errors/omissions insurance, and workman’s compensation.
- Check company’s business license.
- Countercheck referrals from older customers from the company.
- Ask if the company has been established for three to five years.
- Ask where alarm system monitoring center is located.
- Be sure the company does the entire installation and does not subcontract work.
- Review the contract carefully before you sign.
- Know what the warranty period is and what is included in the warranty.
Keeping your loved ones safe is always a priority. Make sure you have a high performing and quite reliable alarm system. In case this checklist has helped you, share it with your loved ones too and let’s keep our families safe.